Elder Thomas E. Babbitt (Tommy to all who know him) entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on April 30, 2008. There he studied and prepared to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the next 24 months. Tommy is serving in the Colorado Springs, Colorado mission which encompasses about half of Colorado, half of Kansas, and a small part of New Mexico and Oklahoma.
This blog was created in order to share updates about Elder Babbitt's mission and experiences with all of his friends and family. Come back often!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Life at the MTC
Elder Babbitt and MTC Companion Elder Conley
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hey Tommy! It's Jfong! ^___^ Lookin' snazzy!! I'm sure you're going to have a great time and accomplish a great many a things! Good luck! We miss you already!
Tommy, We just wanted you to know we were thinking of you. The pictures are great and you look really happy. I am sure you are meeting wonderful new friends and creating lasting memories. I want you to know this is my first "blog" ever!!, and I hope you receive this note. Best wishes, I promise to send cookies soon. Ken and Annamarie, Spencer and Julia
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
Elder Babbitt's Testimony
I have a strong testimony of the Gospel, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the ONLY church on the earth that has the fullness of the gospel of Christ. I believe and state adamantly that we have a living prophet on the earth today, who receives direction directly from God. His name is Thomas S. Monson, and he was called of God to lead this church. I believe that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. I believe that Joseph Smith sought for spiritual guidance in the early 1800's and was visited IN PERSON by The Father, and The Son. I believe that Godliness is the power of the priesthood on the earth today and that I and others hold this priesthood, the same priesthood that was given to Christ's Apostles in the primitive church. I have come to know of these things through personal study and prayer.
When I am Baptized
I like to look for rainbows Whenever there is rain And ponder on the beauty Of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean As earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can And live with God again.
I know when I am baptized My wrongs are washed away, And I can be forgiven And improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean As earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can And live with God again.
Nita Dale Milner
Elapsed Time Since Elder Babbitt Began His Mission
2 comments:
Hey Tommy! It's Jfong! ^___^ Lookin' snazzy!! I'm sure you're going to have a great time and accomplish a great many a things! Good luck! We miss you already!
Tommy,
We just wanted you to know we were thinking of you. The pictures are great and you look really happy. I am sure you are meeting wonderful new friends and creating lasting memories. I want you to know this is my first "blog" ever!!, and I hope you receive this note. Best wishes, I promise to send cookies soon. Ken and Annamarie, Spencer and Julia
Post a Comment